Meet with us and discover a clinic where we focus on creating natural-looking results in every procedure.
Urinary incontinence affects 200 million people worldwide, but getting treatment for this common condition can be embarrassing and invasive. If you suffer from urinary incontinence and have avoided treatment due to shame, doubt, or fear of losing your bodily autonomy, Emsella could be right for you.
Emsella is a breakthrough non-invasive treatment that will help you reduce frequent bathroom trips and minimize accidents with its unique technology. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sonya Merriman is proud to offer this revolutionary solution to help you get your life back.
What is urinary incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control resulting in bladder leaks. There are five different types of urinary incontinence:
- Urge incontinence
- Stress incontinence
- Mixed incontinence
- Overflow incontinence
- Functional (neurogenic) incontinence
Urge incontinence is the sudden urge to urinate without warning or enough time to make it to the restroom. Stress incontinence is when urination occurs due to pressure on the bladder, such as sneezing, coughing, laughing, or exercising.
Mixed incontinence is a mixture of urge and stress incontinence.
Overflow incontinence occurs when the bladder cannot empty itself, causing bladder leaks. Functional incontinence is when a mental or physical impairment causes urination.
What is Emsella?
Pelvic floor muscles support the pelvic organs and span the bottom of the pelvis. While strong pelvic floor muscles give you control over your bladder and bowel, weakened pelvic floor muscles mean your internal organs are not fully supported, and you may have difficulty controlling the release of urine.
Weakened pelvic floor muscles are the most common cause of incontinence in women. Some of what causes a weakened pelvic floor include the following:
- During or after pregnancy
- Hormonal imbalance, such as during menopause
The Emsella chair by BTL is a non-surgical, non-invasive, and comfortable physiotherapy treatment for:
- Men and women suffering from urinary incontinence
- Mothers experiencing stress incontinence following childbirth
- Women with reduced sexual satisfaction
What are the benefits of Emsella?
With Emsella, most patients will find relief from involuntarily urinating when:
Emsella also reduces the need for planning trips and outings based on the location of restroom facilities. Other benefits of Emsella include the following:
- No downtime or recovery time
- It reduces the need for invasive surgery
- Both men and women who undergo treatment report improved orgasms
- Repairs and tightens pelvic floor, helping men and women to regain bladder control
- Improvement can be observed after a single session, with results improving over the treatment period
- Non-invasive procedure
- You remain fully clothed throughout the treatment
- No pain, so you can chat, read, or catch up on emails during your sessions
How do I know if Emsella is right for me?
Urinary incontinence does not discriminate. While it is more likely in women, men also have issues with incontinence. Additionally, women in their twenties who have not had children may experience incontinence, especially athletes who participate in high-impact sports or struggle with obesity.
If you are struggling with any of the following conditions associated with pelvic floor problems, you are likely a good candidate for Emsella:
- Stress incontinence from menopause or childbirth
- Embarrassing urine leakage when laughing, coughing, sneezing, or exercising
- Inability to control your bladder when you feel a sudden and intense urge to urinate
- Intimate health conditions, such as vaginal laxity and difficulty reaching orgasm
Unfortunately, this cutting-edge treatment is not suitable for patients who are currently pregnant or who have the following:
- A pacemaker
- Metal plates, such as hip replacements
- A defibrillator
- A copper coil or IUD
Why choose Plastic Surgery Associates of Valdosta for Emsella?
Our practice is dedicated to providing you with the latest treatments to help you love how you look and feel. We want to produce results that restore your confidence and renew your joy in living. You’ll be treated with professionalism and kindness when you trust your urinary incontinence care to board-certified Dr. Merriman and her team, which is why you should choose us for Emsella treatments.
You will be treated with professionalism and kindness.
© Valdosta. All Rights Reserved. Web Design & Internet Marketing by Studio III. Digital Strategy by SEOversite.
- Alternate Phone: (229) 242-3002