Meet Dr. Merriman
Sign up for our Newsletter
Valdosta Plastic Surgeon Sonya Merriman, MD is Board-certified
Sonya J. Merriman, M.D., is a Board-certified plastic surgeon and has been performing plastic surgery in private practice since 1992. She is a member of the AOA Honor Society, American Society of Plastic Surgeons and Medical Association of Georgia. She is committed to quality, including use of the safest, most advanced cosmetic and reconstructive surgical procedures available. As a board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Merriman's practice allows her to be both artistic and creative. At the same time she is continually building her reputation for being meticulous in her pursuit of the balanced and natural results her patients hope to achieve.
Maintaining her staff membership and privileges at South Georgia Medical Center gives Dr. Merriman the opportunity
to perform a wide range of reconstructive procedures at that location.
- Cook County High School, Adel, GA, Graduated 1977
- Mercer University, Macon, GA, Undergraduate Degree (B.S.) 1981. Summa Cum Laude Graduate.
- Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, M.D. Degree 1985
- Memorial Medical Center, Savannah, GA, General Surgery Residency 1990
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga, TN, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency 1992
Dr. Merriman's hobbies include reading and running.
Like us on Facebook:
Plastic Surgery Associates of Valdosta – Be one of the first to receive updates on special promotions!
Your concerns are confidential. (Fields with an asterisk are required.)